A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Provide highly responsible and skilled administrative support to the Office of Clinical Affairs (OCA) Chief of Staff, Medical Staff Quality Administrative Manager, and OCA Consulting Psychiatrist.
Coordinate office services and respond to inquiries and concerns regarding matter of a sensitive and confidential nature. These duties include, but are not limited to: Screen, prioritize and route written and electronic correspondence, phone calls and outside requests as a representative of the Office of Clinical Affairs, or direct matters to appropriate individuals for action or follow-up. Maintain three calendars, exercising judgment on setting priorities for effective use of time. Resolve routine and complex inquiries. Schedule and plan meetings, conferences, appointments and other engagements as needed. Prepare and draft internal and external correspondence. Coordinate travel arrangements and reimbursement. Exercise initiative, planning and independent judgment.
Key Responsibilities: · Support Peer Review Process · Support 360 Program and PULSE (Physicians Universal Leadership Skills Education) Program · Coordinate Service Chief Workshop · OCA Administrative Duties
Organize and staff OCA-led meetings and conferences: Coordinate the use of facilities, services and equipment. Arrange for presenters and provide follow-up communication. Communicate with participants. Prepare, transcribe, draft, format, and proofread agendas, minutes, and reports. Compile special and periodic reports including narratives, charts and graphs; maintain and monitor project deadlines and databases. Produce high quality graphics and slide presentations.
The UMHS 360 and PULSE Programs help healthcare providers obtain 360 degree feedback that will enable them to improve practice and teamwork skills. OCA contracts a highly automated, anonymous, web-based 360° survey feedback process widely used by academic medical centers. The goal is to help healthcare organizations achieve a culture change that leads to significant and sustained increase in physician and practitioner professionalism as well as improved quality of care.
General Office Support: Provide highly responsible and skilled administrative office support.
Peer Review Responsibilities:
· Support Peer review investigations: schedule highly sensitive, occasionally urgent meetings. Discreetly manage all aspects of the outcome of the investigation, i.e., letters of suspension, enrollment into support programs, etc
· Exercise discretion and independent judgement around the Peer Review process.
· Professional communication with providers and department leadership
· Enroll individuals in the PULSE and UMHS 360-Degree Programs
· Respond to faculty and department inquiriesabout the 360 and PULSE programs.
· Demonstrate ability to take initiative
· Independent thinker demonstrating logical prioritization with attention to detail
· Prepare written reports of findings, conclusions and recommendations and relay information to faculty and departments
· Organize service program schedules and communication with faculty, departments and external 360 vendor
· Ability to recognize when escalation is necessary
· Track progress of enrollees
· Communicate with Service Chief or on-site mentor regarding participants' program progress
· Liaison between PDP and UMHS
· Process Invoices for payment
Service Chief Workshop:
· Identify dates
· Reserve rooms
· Send out communication “save the date” “reminders”
· Assemble PowerPoint Presentation, take initiative to invite presenters and proactively schedule or reschedule topics as needed
· Track topics presented at SCW and follow up as needed
· Revise agenda as needed
· Order catering
· Update slide presentations as needed
· Complete set up of SCW
· Distribute slides
OCA General Staff Support:
· PCard and Travel reconciliation
· Greet guest, triage calls and manage front office visitors
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills • Advanced skill in MS Outlook, Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint • Must interact and communication effectively with faculty, staff and patients • Ability wot work and build professional relationships with faculty and staff at all levels • Excellent attendance record • Experience in an academic setting
Under Michigan law, a criminal history check including fingerprinting is required as a condition of transfer or employment for this position.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Internal Number: 166588
About University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
A great university is made so by its faculty and staff, and Michigan is recognized as one of the best universities to work for in the country. The Michigan culture is known for engaging faculty and staff in all facets of the university to create a workplace that is vibrant and stimulating.For two consecutive years, the Chronicle of Higher Education has placed U-M in its "Great Colleges to Work For" survey. In particular, the university earns high marks for strong relations between faculty and administrators, a collaborative system of governance, strong pay and benefits, and a healthy work/life balance.