Staff Type Regular Full time / Professional & Scientific
The mission of Capital Assets Management is to maintain accountability for all capitalized assets of the University and provide timely reports and data to all levels of University management, Federal agencies, and State agencies.
Entry-level position with a variety of responsibilities. This position will maintain accountability for the University's capital assets by performing capital accounting, coordinating tagging of physical assets, assisting with financial reporting & reconciliation, conducting audit research and performing recurring review of capital assets records.
Job Duties Include:
· Review and reconcile construction in progress (CIP) account balances.
· Manage building capitalizations including identifying accounts, completing transactions, and accounting entries.
· Verify building asset accounts after capitalization is complete.
· Manage the complete capital asset tagging process including coordination of tagging and physically tagging assets.
· Maintain Excel tagging file and related reporting.
· Reconcile Excel tagging file to asset management system (PSAM).
· Update specific capital asset attributes in PSAM.
· Update PSAM locations and reconcile with Facility records.
· Distribute daily transaction PDF report and maintain yearly detail file.
· Assist in testing system upgrades and enhancements using pre-determined criteria.
· Assist in identifying and implementing process improvements.
· Respond to inquiries, requests, and input from campus customers.
· Modify or create Excel reports and/or Access queries.
· Assist with account reconciliations, capital assets reporting, responding to audit requests & researching IT-related issues.
· Perform as needed with tasks such as asset setup and physical inventory processes.
· Perform the essential functions of this position with or without accommodation.
· May perform other duties as assigned.
The University of Iowa is one of the nation's premier public research universities, with 11 colleges offering internationally recognized programs in disciplines ranging from otolaryngology to fiction writing, printmaking to space science, hydraulic engineering to dance. Iowa draws nearly 33,000 students from more than 100 countries and all 50 U.S. states, and employs about 29,500 faculty and staff.
Please attach a Resume and Cover Letter as part of the application process. Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14 calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions or additional information, please contact:
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check.
A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· Minimum six months accounting experience;
· Minimum six months excellent customer service skills interacting in person, on the phone or via email;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills (a short writing exercise will be included as part of the interview process);
· Strong problem solving skills;
· Demonstrated competence, analytical skills and report presentation using MS Excel spreadsheet software or other similar software. (An Excel exercise will be included as part of the interview process);
· Must be able to move/traverse distances across campus; may be required to position self as needed to tag capital assets (such as near floors, behind or under equipment).
· Experience with university financial systems;
· Independent, self-starter;
· Program Management experience;
· Inventory Management experience
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, associational preference, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Internal Number: 18001609_1549378919
About University of Iowa
With over 31,000 students, the University of Iowa is one of the nation's top public research universities, a member of the Big Ten conference and the Association of American Universities. The University of Iowa is composed of eleven colleges and is known around the world for its balanced commitment to the arts, sciences, and humanities. It is home to one of the nation's largest academic medical centers and the pioneering Iowa Writers' Workshop. The University of Iowa promotes work/life integration and is located in the casual yet cosmopolitan environment of Iowa City, widely recognized as one of the country's most livable communities.