Advertised Summary Job Description: Reporting directly to the Director, Survey Design and Implementation, the Senior Technical Specialist is responsible for managing the headquarters (HQ) and regional office (RO) technical aspects of specific population-based surveys. The Senior Technical Specialist will provide technical direction and support to PEPFAR, Ministries of Health and other local partners to design and implement population-based surveys in order to assess the impact of PEPFAR-supported HIV prevention, care and treatment programs.
General Minimum Qualifications: Requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent in education and experience, plus five years of related experience.
Additional Specific Minimum Qualifications: - Minimum five (5) years of experience working on international public health projects either in the headquarters of an international organization or in resource-limited settings.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in the design, delivery and evaluation of programs and services for HIV care and treatment or related programs in resource-limited settings.
- Demonstrated experience designing and conducting population-based surveys.
- Excellent communication, writing and quantitative skills including the development of measurable objectives, operational plans and measurable indicators/targets for public health programs and projects.
- Demonstrated experience establishing, growing and maintaining effective working relationships with donors, implementing partners and other stakeholders;
- Demonstrated experience in working in project-based environments requiring the management of multiple and often overlapping priorities and deadlines. Experience working independently with a minimum of supervision and also working in a team-based environment functioning as part of a technical assistance team;
- Fluency in English (speaking, reading and writing).
Preferred Qualifications: Doctoral level degree in medicine, public health, tropical medicine, epidemiology, health management or related field.
Fluency and proficiency in French, Spanish or Portuguese is a strong advantage
Experience working on US Government, in particular CDC, funded projects
As a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and the Council of Ivy Group Presidents (Ivy League), it is imperative that members of the Columbia University community, in all matters related to the intercollegiate athletics program, exhibit the highest professional standards and ethical behavior with regard to adherence to NCAA, Conference, University, and Department of Intercollegiate Athletics and Physical Education rules and regulations.
Columbia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Internal Number: 126_173975
About Columbia University
Columbia University is one of the world's most important centers of research and at the same time a distinctive and distinguished learning environment for undergraduates and graduate students in many scholarly and professional fields. The University recognizes the importance of its location in New York City and seeks to link its research and teaching to the vast resources of a great metropolis. It seeks to attract a diverse and international faculty and student body, to support research and teaching on global issues, and to create academic relationships with many countries and regions. It expects all areas of the university to advance knowledge and learning at the highest level and to convey the products of its efforts to the world.