Allied Health - Staff/Administrative, Staff/Administrative
Classification Title: FTM Staff Dental Modified
City/Campus: Detroit - Corktown
Department: Dental Clinic
Position Status: Full Time Modified
Assist chairside with Residents, Faculty and other providers in the Graduate Periodontic Program. Assist with other patient care related responsibilities and general responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(1) Assist chairside with the Graduate Periodontic Residents and other providers in the Graduate Periodontic Clinic and other clinics as requested. Set up instruments and materials for each procedure, assist during procedure, and break down unit after each procedure.
(2) Expose, process, and mount radiographs. Pour and trim study models. Assist in all other patient related clinical responsibilities as necessary or requested.
(3) Assure that the clinic remains OSHA compliant following proper infectious disease protocol.
(4) Manage and maintain instrument cassettes including inventory control, infection control, instrument sharpening, and replacement of instruments as necessary. Maintain a schedule of sending cassettes to the manufacturer for necessary maintenance and rebuilding.
(5) Assist in assuring proper paperwork has been completed prior to surgical treatment (clinical consultation, financial consultation, necessary referrals, and materials ordered.)
(6) Assist in stocking and ordering supplies and materials as needed.
(7) Assist with patient appointment scheduling as requested.
(8) Assist with the implant evaluation, screening, planning and surgical placement process as required.
(9) Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
High school diploma or equivalent, required. Associates degree preferred.
Six (6) months to one (1) year of dental chair-side experience in a fast paced environment, required.
Two (2) to three (3) years dental chair-side experience, preferred.
Must have experience assisting in surgical procedures and implant placement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have competent four handed chair-side skills, ability to expose process and mount radiographs. Competent and current knowledge of dental materials, instruments, and equipment a must. – Ideal candidate will be competent with computer keyboard with experience using an electronic health record. – Ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to be a productive member within the team. – Must be service oriented with the ability to handle multiple tasks. – Must have strong verbal communication skills and the ability to work well within a team and independently. -Must be professional cheerful courteous and pleasant.
Must have manual dexterity to pass insturments and the ability to sit, bend, and reach.
Must be able to lift 10 lbs.
Must be able to move throughout the clinic freely.
Standard educational dental environment with multiple operatories and multiple providers.
CDA preferred. BLS certification required, radiology certification required or obtainable within six months.
$12.57 minimum with minimal experience - 89.23% of full time rate
Modified Dental Staff Schedule.
40 hours/week when students are in clinic according to the academic calendar. Monday- Friday between the hours of 8:00 am – 5:30 pm.
About University of Detroit Mercy
Michigan’s largest, most comprehensive private university, the University of Detroit Mercy is an independent Catholic institution of higher education sponsored by the Religious Sisters of Mercy and Society of Jesus. The university seeks qualified candidates who will contribute to the University's urban mission, commitment to diversity, and tradition of scholarly excellence. The University of Detroit Mercy is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer with a diverse faculty and student body and welcomes persons of all backgrounds.
Internal Number: SD9989-TD005-0612-1030
About University of Detroit Mercy
The University of Detroit Mercy has one goal - to help our students realize their dreams and ambitions. We fulfill that goal by offering challenging academic programs taught by talented, committed professors and supplemented by hands-on research, co-op, and internship opportunities.