Soka University of America is seeking a Class B Bus Driver to drive 14 and 26 passenger vehicles part-time. The bus driver will transport students safely and efficiently to assigned locations using designated routes and according to specified time schedules. In addition, the driver will transport students to locations on a need basis such as special activity trips and field research. Drivers are to maintain vehicles in safe operational condition, inspect them on a regular basis and keep the vehicles clean.
• Valid California Class B Motor Vehicle license required
• High school diploma or equivalent such as general education degree (GED)
• Safe driving record (DMV Printout required)
• Knowledgeable in state and local traffic laws
• One to three months training and/or experience in operating a bus
• Availability on nights and weekends
• Ability to comply with a heavy transportation schedule
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Possession of a current First-Aid Certificate a plus
• Demonstrated ability to listen and follow through with directions as given
• A strong evidence of a spirit of collegiality and a strong service orientation
• Demonstrated understanding and sensitivity regarding diversity, cultural traditions, language barriers, and multicultural issues
• Enthusiasm of interacting with students
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• High ethical and professional standards.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of both a background check and the Department of Transportation (DOT) Drug and Alcohol Testing program.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
To apply send letter of interest, resume, salary history and three professional references to:
Human ResourcesRe: Part-time Bus DriverSoka University of America1 University DriveAliso Viejo, CA 92656E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Soka University of America is an equal opportunity employer
Soka University is a private, four-year liberal arts college and graduate school in Aliso Viejo, CA. The university is ranked in the top 50 liberal arts colleges in the nation by US News and World Report's "Best Colleges 2014." Soka University offers a 9:1 student/faculty ratio and study abroad for every undergraduate student. Founded upon the Buddhist principles of peace, human rights and the sanctity of life, SUA is open to top students of all nationalities and beliefs. About 60% of Soka University's students come from the US and 40% have come from more than 40 other countries. Admitted students whose annual family income is $60,000 or less may be eligible for Soka Opportunity Scholarships which cover full tuition. Additional scholarship opportunities are available for higher income levels.