The Recruitment Manager will assist in enhancing Brown Universityâ™s staff recruiting and hiring initiatives. This will be accomplished by establishing and delivering professional protocols, trainings, and best practices to attract and identify highly qualified diverse applicants and design timely recruitment processes to manage applicants through hiring processes. The ideal candidate will be highly proficient in employing sourcing strategies that increase outreach to highly-qualified, diverse candidates and creating talent pools for current and future Brown vacancies in support of short- and long-term succession plans as part of the Universityâ™s workforce planning strategy. This position will also support and coach hiring leaders in their search and selection activities as well as facilitate staff recruitment efforts across the University.
* Bachelor's degree and minimum of 5 years of direct recruitment experience including at management/supervisory level, or equivalent
* Demonstrated ability to establish applicant sources and build recruitment engagement strategies using a variety of methods
* Experience with online applicant tracking and recruitment systems, preferably Workday
* Demonstrated ability to deliver professional learning on contemporary best practices for recruitment and talent identification
* Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, and customer service skills
* Must have prior work experience in a high volume organization with regional (or unit-based) hiring practices
* Proficiency in online platforms to attract and identify applicants for hard-to-fill positions
* Excellent consultative skills to support hiring leaders in talent identification and full-cycle recruitment needs
* Previous marketing/brand awareness knowledge is highly preferred
* Ability to design, or lead, website content design is highly preferred
* Previous higher education, or education management, experience is highly preferred
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a criminal background check and education verification.
Recruiting Start Date:
Job Posting Title:
University Human Resources
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Internal Number: REQ147406
About Brown University
Located in historic Providence, Rhode Island and founded in 1764, Brown University is the seventh-oldest college in the United States. Brown is an independent, coeducational Ivy League institution comprising undergraduate and graduate programs, plus the Alpert Medical School, School of Engineering, Executive Master of Healthcare Leadership and the IE Brown Executive MBA.