This position requires the ability to do computer maintenance. In addition experience in technical support and the training in the operation of the University’s computer hardware is required. An understanding of Software installation and Software/Hardware Network trouble is necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(1) Receive, log and track problems, support-requests and service-inquiry calls from users.
(2) Provide hardware, networking and software support for computers by following policies and procedures related to how problems are documented and corrected.
(3) Report progress toward resolution and current ticket status to the end-user and Helpdesk Manager within the timeframes established by the department.
(4) Ensure acceptable of resolutions and end-user satisfaction by resolving issues within acceptable timeframes established by the department.
(5) Escalate issues as necessary to level 3 support.
(6) Inventory and install new computer software, hardware, and peripheral equipment including desktop, notebook and tablet computers.
(7) Support training and author documentation for users.
(8) All other duties as assigned.
A two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
Two to five years experience.
Prior experience providing support to end-users. Experience with many diverse hardware, software and operating system environments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to work well in a team environment as well on an individual basis.
Excellent problem solving skills.
The ability to organize complex information into an understandable format and convey that information to people with no technical knowledge.
Strong technical writing skills including technical diagramming using flowcharts, data flow diagrams and other applicable documentation methods.
Willingness to learn.
Strict attention to detail, responsiveness when unexpected down-time occurs and commitment to ensuring user base receives optimal uptime of computer systems.
A commitment to the highest ethical standards in IT use.
Job requires repetitive lifting of light weight objects with frequent bending and stooping, or repetitively lift average weight objects where frequent bending or stooping alternates with lighter activities. Occasionally lifts heavy objects (over 50 pounds).
Regular exposure to favorable conditions such as those found in a normal office.
CompTIA A+ and other technical certifications a plus.
$19.23-$20.79 per hour
Monday – Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm
About University of Detroit Mercy
Michigan’s largest, most comprehensive private university, the University of Detroit Mercy is an independent Catholic institution of higher education sponsored by the Religious Sisters of Mercy and Society of Jesus. The university seeks qualified candidates who will contribute to the University's urban mission, commitment to diversity, and tradition of scholarly excellence. The University of Detroit Mercy is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer with a diverse faculty and student body and welcomes persons of all backgrounds.
Internal Number: SF9902-TC001-1054-954
About University of Detroit Mercy
The University of Detroit Mercy has one goal - to help our students realize their dreams and ambitions. We fulfill that goal by offering challenging academic programs taught by talented, committed professors and supplemented by hands-on research, co-op, and internship opportunities.